Monday, April 24, 2017

Create-a-Station

We started this week by MAP testing, which make for long days for the students. To break up the testing, I wanted to do something as a review where students could create their own station. We do stations quite a bit, but they have never gotten the chance to create their own. Why did this idea take so long to come to mind? I don't know-- but it will definitely be something I use in the future. Students are engaged, they are going back and reviewing old material, and they are creating quality work for their peers to do. They love that students are actually going to do these stations, rather than just making them and moving on. They are excited to see if the other kids like what they are creating. 

Every time I allow students to create I am so overwhelmed-- in a good way. It amazes me what they are capable of creating. They are creative, ingenious, & they know exactly what other kids like to do. I gave them a rubric to keep them on track, as well as a group/peer evaluation to complete at the end to hold all kids accountable for participating and providing quality work. 




I love the way these projects are turning out. It's interesting seeing the things the students come up with and are interested in. Board games were the overwhelming creation made for this activity. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Classroom Friendly Pencil Sharpener

Hi, guys! After my first year teaching, I had to bury seven...yes, seven...pencil sharpeners total. One of these was an electric sharpener...